Friday, July 29, 2011

Repeat Offender

One of the best ways to stretch pennies is to make the same thing a couple of times in a row. Did you buy an enormous head of cabbage for a recipe that only called for a scant 3-4 cups? Don't make one salad a leave the rest in the back of the fridge until it is rotten! Make three! Just make sure it is a really good salad. Like the one I posted earlier this week...

After you've savored your salad, take a look at a couple of articles from this week's New York times dining section. The first, by Melissa Clark, features her recipe for a nectarine cobbler-cake. See? I'm not crazy in my preference for Nectarines! I can't wait to try it.

The article on stem-to-root cooking also caught my eye. All those who thought I was crazy to make a dish of chard stalks think again! Apparently I am ahead of the Times...

No comments:

Post a Comment