Thursday, July 28, 2011

More is More

I am realizing that when I started making popsicles this summer I was making the fruit, citrus and simple syrup variety. Then I also made a delicious pudding pop, which I am working on perfecting. Then I started trying to minimize the sugar, and when I was making some smoothies with bananas recently that clicked for me. I love all these types! The lime pops are so refreshing, the pudding pops are rich and satisfying, and the banana-based popsicles are creamy, naturally sweetened, and taste as good as they make you feel. Plus you can just whip up a smoothie and freeze it. Easy, adaptable, and nutritious!

I did so with the last of this weeks nectarines and a ripe banana. Just a splash of orange juice later and we have a winner. It was sweeter and richer than my previous batch of nectarine popsicles, those where bright, light and tangy (and delicious), whereas these where practically indulgent (and without any added sugar).

Nectarana Popsicles
This makes approximately 6 1/4 cup capacity popsicles

1 ripe nectarine, sliced (peeling is optional)
1 ripe banana, sliced (peeling is not optional)
1/4 cup orange juice

Puree the nectarine and banana sliced with the help of the orange juice. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Drink any excess ( aka. mini smoothie!).

No comments:

Post a Comment