Monday, September 26, 2011

Mystery Monday: Death by Apples

This weeks mystery monday is a recipe for success! No, not the successful murdering of your guests by making them eat tons of apple cores (the seeds contain trace amounts of arsenic, or so my mom told me growing up - fun fact!), but rather the successful writing of mysteries which, according to my extensive research, depends on having a bag of apples at your disposal at any and all given times. One of my favorite characters in Agatha Christies mysteries is Ariadne Oliver, a mystery write herself who is perhaps a vague parody of Agatha herself. There are two things in life that Ariadne relies on: her woman's intuition and her apples. Of the two her apples seem to aid her the most (her intuition on the other hand, seems to merely lead her astray). She is never without her bag of apples, munching furiously as she plugs away at her manuscripts.
Clearly I have been reading a lot of Agatha Christy lately. What can I say? She's a master of mystery, and that's that. Oh and Ariadne Oliver is seriously the funniest character ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment