Monday, September 19, 2011

Mystery Monday: QP is for Quarter Pounder

Today brings us back to Kinsey Milhone of Sue Grafton's Alphabet series. I love love looove Kinsey Milhone. She is so funny and crazy - a quintessential nut. The perfect mixture of completely out of control risk taker, and neat freak homebody. Other than her ability to keep her tiny abode clean as a whistle, she is completely devoid of any domestic skills. Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are as fancy as she gets in the confines of her own kitchen, so she sustains herself primarily with foods found outside of her making. One of her absolute-favorite moan-inducing standbys is the QP as she calls it. QP standing for Quarter Pounder.

Now after reading repeatedly about this ah-mazing sinfully delicious readily available item, I have held my ground and steadfastly avoided trying one myself. Now I have to admit it: I've never been to McDonalds. Never ever. I'm afraid that if I met Kinsey in real life that she wouldn't like me very much. Now that I think about it she probably would think that I was a health nut who took food a little too seriously. I have taken up exercising in the mornings though, so maybe we could go jogging together? Oh who am I kidding, Kinsey is a lone wolf, and I refuse to eat crummy fast food! We'd drive each other craaaazy.

In order to get a taste of this much talked about burger, I decided to take on the challenge and made my own version. A simple 1/4 lb beef paddy spiked with some garlic and worcestershire sauce grilled to perfection and topped with a generous squeeze of ketchup and yellow mustard a sprinkling of chopped white onion and topped off with a classic sesame bun.
Mmmmm! Next time I'm making it a double!

No comments:

Post a Comment