Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rip it Off like a Band-Aid

I have been feeling generally under the weather for about a week now. I think I am getting something, but I neither know what or when it will actually arrive. All that I know is that I feel icky, and that eating has been less than appealing to me.

Which is why I haven't been writing about all the things that I have been decidedly less than excited to eat.

After letting myself off the hook for a whole week, I finally put my foot down and decided to try something new. So, this morning I made myself a sandwich that I'm almost certain I won't like. I like the idea of it. I even like how it looks. But the smell makes me a little queasy, and the thought of the texture is not something I want to think about too much. I have no other choices, however, since I packed my lunch and I don't like throwing out food or (horror of all horrors) going hungry, I am going to have to force it down.
Simple Hard Boiled Egg Sandwich
Make a hard boiled egg.
I used Martha Stewart's method (sorry Grandma!). She has you put your eggs in a pan, cover them with cool water with enough to cover them by an inch. Then put the pan over medium heat and when the water boils, put the lid on the pan and remove it from the heat. Let it sit for 12 minutes and then rinse the eggs with cold water.
Spread some dijon mustard on a piece of bread, lay slices of peeled hard boiled egg atop. Generously season your eggs with salt and pepper. Rub a small peeled garlic clove on another piece of bread and top the eggs with the garlicky bread.
Although I'm not so sure I succeeded sandwich wise, I can say with complete confidence that I built the cutest cat house EVER. So What if I had to hold my nose to eat lunch - I can't be good at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment