Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Apple A Day

My grandma eats an apple every night for dessert. Of course she eats a handful of prunes along with her fuji for good measure. While I'm not geriatric enough to need the prunes, I am a big fan of daily apple eating. Crisp, sweet, tart, and healthy, apples are the perfect snack or dessert. It's easy to overlook something like an apple, it's so simple, basic, and wholesome.
I recently bought a box of low-calorie chocolate covered ice cream popsicles. Yum, right? WRONG. There was something so cheap and sad about the way that they tasted. They were depressing and not at all satisfying. I forced myself to eat them up as quickly as possible, not because I actually enjoyed eating them but because I wanted them gone. What I'm trying to say is this: icky sweeteners are cheap and fake, they leave a bad taste in your mouth. Apples, however, are about as real it comes. Not only do they taste good, but you can feel good about how good they are for you. It's like a snowball of goodness. Did I mention that they come prepackaged in individual servings?
Plus, I've heard that they keep the doctor away.

No comments:

Post a Comment