Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Never Too Late to Hydrate!

I am a dedicated water drinker. The reasons for this are as follows: I grew up in a non-soda household, I value my health, and I dislike overly carbonated beverages because they give me terrible hiccups and make my stomach hurt. Plus water is great! It's simple, free, and refreshing. What more do you really need?

Unfortunately the water in the greater Los Angeles area can leave a little to be desired taste-wise, even after the requisite filtering and chilling. I think I have found a solution to this problem, which perhaps might make water-drinking a little more exciting (and perhaps even chic) for those who are wary of it: Spa Water. It's beyond easy, it looks fantastic, and it tastes delicious. It's the only thing I have every come across that seems both incredibly indulgent and entirely wholesome.

Spa Water

1/2 Small cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
Sprig of mint, leaves pinched off the stem

Place the cucumber slices and mint leaves in the bottom of a bowl or pitcher. Cover with cold filtered water. Add ice cubes. Let sit until chilled. Ladle into cups.
Sit back, relax, take a sip, and pretend that everything in your life is as fancy, effortless, and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment