Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back Bearing Cupcakes

I've just returned from a trip which kept me from both cooking and writing. Fortunately, I didn't stop eating and have a little treat to share: an utterly delicious and adorable cupcake. Yes, I did it. I went to Georgetown Cupcake.
There are too many cupcakeries these days, and many of them simply cannot live up to their hype. But this one surprised me. It was well run, but in an orderly, thoughtful way, neither sterile nor snotty. And while the store relies heavily on cute branding, the ingredients and quality of the cupcakes are still clearly a priority, which in the end is all that really matters.
We got the chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, and it was delicious. The cake was moist and richly chocolatey, the frosting was tangy and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness to be indulgent but not toothache-inducing. With it's chocolate cake and vanilla frosting it tasted how I had imagined the ding dong would taste, if it were freshly made with premium ingredients, no preservatives, and close attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment