Friday, February 12, 2010

MimoC: Mimosa For Health

I have a nasty cold, which does not bode well for cooking.  I am home from work, so I have a lot of kitchen-adjacent free time, however, both my sense of smell and taste are pretty much non-existent.  Plus I am pretty wiped out, which means I can just barely get through a recipe (and I can definitely not do the dishes).  The one thing I have found I can make easily, is a Mimosa like mock-tail comprised of fresh squeezed clementines and fizzy emergenC.  Frothy with wellness inducing vitamin C, this drink is guaranteed to have you feeling healthier in no time.  

I have to credit my dad for this idea, he drinks a glass of orange juice mixed with vitamin C daily to keep healthy.

Vitamin C Mimosa (otherwise known as MimoC)
I use from 4 - 6 clementines per little glass.
Cut your clementines in half, and squeeze out the juice.  Clementines are really easy to squeeze in your hand because of their small size and thin skin, which is helpful if you want to avoid dirty dishes.
Stir in a packet or two of vitamin C (depending on how frothy you want it to be and how sick you are).

If you want to mix it up, you could use regular oranges, or blood oranges (or make it even easier on yourself and use prepared orange or tangerine juice).

Drink up, and feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment